Google and other engines want a website that is designed to be attractive, informative, and interesting for the user. This is one of the main reasons that Google and others like the WordPress platform. They do not require a flashy website with hundreds of images, videos, and flash. Instead, they look for quality content that is search engine friendly. If you do not offer quality content, you can expect to be ranked low. Content is god-tier and in order to get there, you need to consider the questions that are asked, the key phrases that you want to rank well for, and how you are going to address this query in the website.
When building your website, you need to take into consideration the question that you are answering, the question that the user is searching for, and the key phrase that you want to rank well for. In order to rank well for a key phrase, you need to provide this phrase in the copy. This is important because your prospects are looking for a certain type of service, so the better your content is, the more likely your visitors will turn into clients. In addition, you need to create content that is consistent with the website’s design. It is also important to pay attention to how you are linking all your pages.
You need to have a sound navigation structure that is user and search engine friendly. When you are optimizing for search engines, it is also important to follow the guidelines in SEO to ensure that you get a high rank and quality clients. To do this, you need to pay attention to the text, the links, and the other elements on the website.
Now, where to begin?
When you do any kind of SEO work, it is important to remember that there is a process to it. This process is different for every website. It is also important to take a look at your own website and see what your best keywords are. Are they popular? What are the competition levels? You need to make an effort to see what your strengths are and how you are going to leverage them. It is also important to identify what you are not good at and work on these issues.
What are the best practices?
Remember, the work you need to do will take time and yield trial-and-error results . You should always keep the best practices in mind when you are doing any kind of SEO work. These are things that you should take into consideration:
1. Keywords: the main priority should be to identify your best keywords. You can get advice from popular blogs or forums that are dedicated to doing SEO work.
2. Site Structure: Make sure that your site is user friendly. Users don’t want to have to rummage through your whole website.
3. Design: the design of your site should be easy to read and navigate. You should also avoid flashy site design which can do more harm than good.
4. Titles: you should identify your best titles. The titles should be as specific as possible. Search engines usually do not give much importance to the titles, but it is a deciding factor in the ranking.
5. Meta description: the meta description should describe your site in as much details as possible. This should be the summary of the site.
6. URL structure: The URL should be simple and keyword rich and should not include spaces. You should also avoid redirects.
7. Link Structure: Identify your best links and the structures that are used. There is no point in using a link with another domain name. The links should use the same keywords as the home page.
Search Engine Optimization, when done right, can lead to promising clients and grow brand visibility. So what are you waiting for? Go work on your site!