Get found on Google with your very own GBP listing
All You Need to Know About GBP Listings
As a small business owner, you’re probably new to, or tired of hearing about, Google Business Profile (GBP) listings. But if you have a strong online presence and have been seeking ways to improve your online marketing, it’s worth taking a closer look at the program.
After all, you’ve been doing business for your customers on your social media pages without a complicated process. These listings provide a great opportunity to get more exposure for your business, and it can also help you build a higher Google ranking – that’s why it’s important to understand what a GBP listing is, and how you can use them to your advantage.
The first thing you need to know is that a GBP listing is different from Local listing
A GBP listing is done on the internet, which means you can reach a much broader audience. You can list your business with a national or global perspective. It varies on how you want your business to be seen.
A local listing is created for a specific business purpose, such as a store, restaurant or service business. A local listing would appear with a google map hyperlink so a person can visit the business’s location while online.
Perhaps, people often wonder why GBP listing not showing for local searches?
The short answer: it takes time to build up your GBP Listing, but it’s worth the wait in the long run. At first glance, it does look like “where is my website” but it is definitely way down below the sites.
The required research to discover the top competitor’s strengths and your client’s weaknesses will eventually help you distinguish a plan for your business improvement.
How to create a GBF listing?
Google My Business is where you can construct your GBP listing.
- Go to your business’s home page and select the My Business tab.
- On the right-hand side menu, choose to Create a listing.
- Make sure to include a solid description and that all of the necessary information is picked.
- Give your listing a name and a category. Your listing will be live on the web once you click Create a listing.
Is it essential for my business?
By creating a GBP page, businesses can improve their visibility, attract new customers and leads, and potentially rank higher in search results. However, making the most of GBP requires careful planning and execution.Creating a GBP page is a long-term strategy, not a one-day fix. It’s worth the time, effort and patience to make the most of this opportunity.
Wondering Where Your Listing Appears? According to Brightlocal, Information from your Google My Business listing will appear in Google’s Knowledge Panel when a brand search is performed
If someone owns your GBP profiles listing, you can claim and request via google support
Here are some of the important things that you need to fill up:
- Provide Business Name and Category
- Make sure to enter your Address/Service Area
- Add Your Phone Number
- Website URL
- Don’t forget to verify your email address by phone and listing
Whether you have set up your GBP Listing, it doesn’t end here. You have to optimize your GBP LIsting to get more traffic!
How to Optimize your GBP Listing:
- You can find the optimal keyword list by using the link analysis tool.
- Go to the link analysis tool and select the option that shows the top-ranked links.
- Look at the description and keyword phrase that has the most number of links pointing to it. These are usually referred to as the ‘keywords of relevance’. This analysis gives you the most relevant keywords to optimize your GBP listing.
In conclusion, GBP Listing is an essential part of any small business owner’s marketing strategy. By claiming your GBP listing and optimizing it for search engines, you can improve your online visibility and reach more potential customers. So what are you waiting for? Claim your GBP listing today!
If you’re looking for more help:
Google Business Profile Service is an online service that helps you manage your GBP. Offering a variety of opportunities at your hand. Be sure to check it out if you want to be in a whole different place!